Fresh tenders for rehabilitation of Brahmapuram dumpsite

Screenshot of KSIDC website

The Kerala government has announced a nine-month time-frame to bidders interested in bio-mining about one lakh cubic metre of legacy waste lying at Brahmapuram.

The tender document issued by the Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC) states, “Only 1% of the plastic wastes having the potential to be recycled are recovered from the wastes, the remaining 99% of the wastes end up as heap in the dumping yard. It is intended to bio-mine the existing legacy waste and to recover the entire area, including the land allotted to Indian Medical Association for the development of Bio-Medical Treatment plant as per the conditions laid out in the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016.”

Some of the other highlights of the bid document are as follows:

  • The last date of submission for bids is July 30, 2020.
  • The project will be based on ‘Design and Build Basis’.
  • The technical bids will be opened on August 3.
  • The company shortlisted after verification of technical and financial bids should ensure recovery of the land by cutting and leveling it to the maximum possible aimed at getting a relatively flat land after biomining.
  • The agency selected should submit a management plan for dumpsite land reclamation, excavation, screening and resource recovery; biomining of unprocessed municipal solid waste; and development of a facility for scientific disposal of residual solid waste.

Read Previous

MoHUA upgrades ranking for 7 cities in GFC ranking

Read Next

‘Muck Trains’ clear 40,000 cubic metres of garbage from Mumbai train tracks