MoHUA releases funds for SWM for SDMC

Saket, a South Delhi neighbourhood

The South Delhi Municipal Corporation has received Rs 43 crore from the Centre under the urban development fund (UDF) scheme for the current financial year, part of which will be used for SWM projects.

Rs 7 crore has been allocated for the development of 15 decentralized waste treatment plants and laying pipelines at different places, reports The Times of India. Rs 3.7 crore and Rs 12 crore have been earmarked for buying five electric roads sweeping machines and for installing drum composters for solid waste treatment at the ward level, respectively.

Considering the funds that have been sanctioned by the ministry of housing and urban affairs, under the funding pattern of 80% as a grant under UDF (amounting to Rs 34.72 crore), the remaining 20% (Rs 8.55 crore) will be borne by SDMC through its
own resources. The time period for completing these projects will be 12 months.

Picture Credit: Amartyabag, Saket A Block Delhi 2, CC BY-SA 3.0

Read Previous

BBMP to revert to old waste collection model

Read Next

Top institutions collaborate to recycle plastic & PPE waste