New biogas plant at Mandur landfill

Picture credit: by Ra Boe,

Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) is further developing its plans for a biogas plant at the Mandur landfill in Bengaluru, Karnataka.

Back in July 2021, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) sought details of the project, and on 20 September 2021, GAIL had shared a detailed project report. Besides 300 tpd of organic municipal waste, the plant should also be processing 15 tpd of cow dung provided by GAIL.

Reportedly, the plant is supposed to generate 10.7 tpd of biogas CNG, 31.39 tpd of fermented organic manure, as well as 180 cubic metres of fermented liquid organic manure per day. GAIL is expected to fund 40% with equity funds. The remaining 60% is to be paid for with a bank loan. The project worth INR 651 million (EUR 8.01 million) will receive subsidies of INR 82.5 million (EUR 1.02 million).

Read Previous

IOC and Adani to set up CBG plants

Read Next

Changes in Thiruvananthapuram’s SWM agenda announced