Representational photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash
The National Productivity Council (NPC) is holding a two-day online training course on “Six Waste Management Rules 2016 & Amendments and Way Forward in Swachch Bharat Mission, Circular Economy and Carbon Neutral Aspects”.
It will be held on August 2022 from 11 am to 4pm. The NPC is seeking nomination of participants for the course, which will cost Rs 5000
National Productivity Council (NPC) is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India. The goal is to strengthen the duties and responsibilities of applicable stakeholders/authorities with respect to scientific management of waste. This workshop will help enhance the capacity and awareness of stakeholders involved in waste management.
The objectives of the course are:
- To build capacity of stakeholders using lectures, audio visual aids, and through discussions.
- To draw emphasis on roles and duties of various stakeholders, standards for treating and disposal of wastes, reporting requirements and other elements as given in waste management rules, 2016 and their amendments thereof.
- To understand the scientific waste management process through specific case studies presentation and deliberations.
- To provide insight into various aspects, issues, challenges faced by officials of Corporations, Municipalities & Panchayats, and identifying solutions relating to waste management in terms of planning & assessment, generation, segregation, storage, transportation, treatment and scientific disposal, etc.
Some of the key expected outcomes of the training are:
- Making participants understand the basics of six Waste Management domains
- Understanding of responsibilities of all stakeholders in value chain for implementing the Rules
- Information regarding key challenges of waste management from a regulator’s perspective
- Knowledge about resources and opportunities available in waste management sector
- Supporting participants in developing an action plan containing detailed steps and activities on how to address the requirements
- Understanding the assessment process and ranking system under Swachch Bharat Mission
- Understanding in building/strengthening the circular economy
- Understanding to achieve Carbon Neutral Zero stage/ efforts
- Capacity build-up in Sustainable Development Goals
The online training is designed to strengthen the capacity of officials of Urban Local Bodies (ULBs), State Pollution Control Boards/Pollution Control Committees (SPCBs/PCCs), Common Treatment Facilities and other stakeholders involved in waste management from State and Central Governments/ Departments/Ministries, Public Sector Units, Private Organizations, (State/UTs) and allied institutions, Academic/Research Institutions and Students from Engineering, Science/ Management etc.
Disclaimer: This article is taken from an NPC press release