Chandigarh MC’s formula for Dadumajra plant

The Open Hand Monument, Chandigarh

To set up the new integrated municipal solid waste processing facility plant at Daddumajra, the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation will pay the successful bidder or company an initial amount of Rs 300 crore or 30% of the total cost, whichever is less, The civic body has also devised a formula to pay the remaining 70% of the project cost invested by the contractor as a 10-year annuity as a capital grant.

“The bidder shall be charged Re 1 per acre per year for the 20 acres of land provided by the MC for the establishment of the project.” The bidder must also include the cost of operation and maintenance (O&M) as part of the price bid. “Any other taxes will be paid by the implementing agency at the actual cost,” the request for proposal (RFP) stated. After ten years, the plant’s capacity will be increased.

The final RFP is yet to be finalized, reports The Times of India.

Read Previous

Rajasthan: Rs 370 cr needed for waste remediation

Read Next

Haryana to introduce a policy to reduce crop residue burning