New project at Chikkanagamangala planned

French firm 3WAYSTE has expressed interest in the installation of a new WtE plant at Chikkanagamangala, Bangalore. The local administration of Chikkanagamangala and firm associates have submitted a project proposal to the Urban Development Board for approval. The expected intake capacity of the new facility should lie at 160,000tpy of waste and the project would cost around USD 346.977 million. Bangalore-based electricity company Bescom would buy the power generated at the future plant, at a price of USD 0.1088 per MWh unit. Around 90% of all waste delivered to the future WtE site will be burned and converted into energy, while the remaining 10% will be turned into manure.  This was reported by The Deccan Herald.

Picture credit: Bikashrd, Bangalore Palace – Jayamahal, CC BY-SA 4.0

Read Previous

Update on Brahmapuram WtE project

Read Next

National Green Tribunal orders Noida to build WtE facility within 6 months